Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Bonus Menus from AutoCAD R14 in version 2000i 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

danreese

Electrical
Jun 21, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to use the bonus menu toolbars from release 14 in release 2000i? I have become very attached to the bonus toolbars & I want them to transfer to release 2000i.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From what i was told nothing of the bonus can be ported over to 2000 or higher you would have to purchase the 2000 equivelent which is the express tools if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

If you can get a zipped file of the bonus directory of Acad14, it works under Acad2000.

Anyone who has Acad14 may zip the bonus directory and send you. About 2.42 mb, when zipped 689 kb.

Only you have to load the menu file
ac_bonus.mnl
and run
(load "ac_bonus.lsp")
After that, it works with Acad2000 etc. just as it did under Acad14

I'm sorry, but the Express tools are the Bonus tools of Acad 2000, it's just called Express instead of Bonus (like Shadow sad :) ), just like preferences is now options, stupid changes if you ask me :).
I dunno if you know how to load it, but here is how:
type Menuload,push browse and search for the map express in the root of your Acad 2000 map. There is a file acetmain.mns if there is not but only an acetmain.mnu than you have to change the filetype in the below of THAT screen. Now you select the acetmain.mns file and push ok. After this you get back in the screen, push load and whala back you have your wanted files, now with rightclock on a toolbar you can select the ones you want to be visible, but you probably know that :)
Good Luck.

Many thanks to Shadow, Reaver & Tigrek! The prize for the bonus menu issue goes to Tigrek. I used your tip & now I have my bonus menus!!

THANKS A BUNCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back