Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Excel to create/modify pattern tables? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNguyen

Mechanical
Sep 18, 2001
US
Can MS Excel be used to create or modify pattern tables in Pro/E? I need to create complex irregular patterns and am more comfortable using Excel than Pro/Table.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is also not possible in 2001. You can edit family table in excel instead of protab or editor in 2000i2 or 2001.

Nikhil Gothankar

Hi,

I found this question posted by TNguyen few months ago. The reason I'm answering now at this question is because YES, IT IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE A PATTERN TABLE IN EXCELL. I tried in 2000i.

Follow me:

In EXCELL, create the table dimensions as follows (a simple example):

!# Pro/Table
1 0.1 0.1
2 0.1 0.2
3 0.1 0.3
10 0.1 1.0

IMPORTANT: Please remark the "!# Pro/TABLE" header!!! Without this, Pro/E will return an ERROR message.

Export your table in a TXT text. Modify the extension "txt" to "ptb".

IN PRO/E
FIRST:
You must create the hole you want to pattern. (i.e. a liniar hole with 2 dimensions from edges).

SECOND:
Pattern your hole:
PATTERN -> select the hole -> GENERAL (I'm using GENERAL because if a hole is outside of my solid, the feature will not fail) -> DONE-> TABLE -> select the pattern dimensions -> DONE -> READ -> select your file with ptb extension -> DONE.

That's it!

Atention to the order of the selecting dimensions! Dim 1 is for the column 2 in EXCELL and Dim 2 is for the column 3. Column 1 is the index for number of holes.

Good luck!
:) - Hora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back