Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Ideas12 on a Tablet PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbro

Aerospace
Apr 4, 2006
US
I've used it with an HP 2710 tablet running XP and it worked OK. The main limitation was the graphics lack of capability (shaded model movement was painful for larger models). It had the Intel integrated graphics, so I expected as much. BTW, this machine had 4gb of RAM.

Fast forward to today and I have a Dell XT2 tablet running Vista with a newer version of the same integrated graphics. It's a 64 bit machine with 5gb of RAM and it's a touch screen along with a pen input. The graphics seem to deal with large models much better than the HP machine, I have had acceptable model manipulation with some fairly complicated models. The issue at hand is that I seem to have lost the pre-selection highlighting and sketch line capability. This is highly annoying to the point of unusability. I don't really need to run I-deas on this box, but it would make life a lot simpler for me.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do or where I could find some information that would relate to this problem? And yes, I have highlighting and wireframe turned on and double buffering turned on.

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back