Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using old UDF library in NX9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmiklovic

Automotive
Oct 14, 2014
US
I have an old UDF library that we used in NX5 and I am trying to access those UDFs in NX9. I have added the library folder to the 'reuse library' tab, but I am not getting anything.

The situation is that I generated this library in 2007. I came back to work at this company after being away for 7 years and nobody ever maintained the library as they updated to later versions. All the UDF .prt files are still on our server, so are the .cgm files associated with them. It looks like the library definition files are gone. Does NX still use those definition files?

I am hoping to avoid reinventing the wheel here, any help would be appreciated.

Jay Miklovic
Sr. Design Engineer
Edco Inc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jay,
I am using my OLD NX4 UDF's in NX9. You have two options (I have set up both)

1)If you have (or recreate) old style Library Definition files, you can set the path to the definition file in Customer Defaults under the "Legacy UDF" area. This will make them show up in the UDF menu in NX.

2) The other way, which it seems you have tried, is to add the UDF location to the Paths for UDF's in the Customer Default "Reuse Library" section. Then they should just show up in the reuse library. If you see the folder structure, but not the UDF's, you will have to expand the "Member Select" panel and they should show up below as folders are selected.

Mike Marston
Goss International

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back