Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Using Rectangle Selection Trap to Copy Points from Multiple Part Instances to New Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdwdlnd

Aerospace
Sep 1, 2009
US
I am fairly confident I have performed the below procedure dozens of times over many years but now it seems to not work the same way I remember.

I have multiple part instances within a product. This part contains a point at 0,0,0 within its own coordinate system. These instances are located in various places throughout the product coordinate system. I insert a new part in the product using the coordinate system of the parent product. I activate the part node of the new part. I use the rectangle selection trap to select all points from all part instances. I copy then highlight the geometrical set right click paste special as result in the newly inserted part. Normally this would bring over all point instances into the inserted part with all of the various transformations for each point in space. When I tried to do this today It only pastes one of the selected point instances.

Am I just not remembering the procedure that allows me to do this? If I select single point instances one at a time and paste them individually into the newly inserted part each one comes over with the appropriate transformations. It seems like the rectangle selection trap is behaving differently or something. Initially I activated the newly inserted part and did a search of the unique point name to capture all instances and select them to copy. This process again only copied one point transformation and only one point.

I'm hoping others have used this process in the past and can tell me if they can still do it this way or if this was changed somehow with a software update. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back