Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using same control point for multipal jobs in small town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffsurvey

Civil/Environmental
Apr 23, 2007
US
We have been localizing on metro control stations over and over in the same small town that only has 3 control stations. Because we keep getting new jobs in this town, we have localized in this town every time we start a new job. The question I had was, couldnt we set our own control point to set the gps on and get localized once but keep the jobs separated so that we are not in the same job file, and able to hold that control point for later use and not have to re-localize?

I am aware of some survey equipment retail stores that have there own base set up 24/7 but was not sure if it just simply removed the need to set the gps base up every time but they still had to get localized for each new jobs.

I am sure there is a way with all the advancements in the survey world today. prob something with the raw file.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As long as you have a defined point established you should have no problems.
Since all of your projects are in this town I would set the control and use the same control for all of the projects.
Regards,
Namdac

As long as you use same points everytime you survey, you should have no problem.. make sure the first time you surveyed had good control points tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back