Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Sewergem with arcgis & autocad

Status
Not open for further replies.

modellerdesigner

Civil/Environmental
Mar 7, 2014
IN
Hi to all,
I am studying environmental engineering andI want to make a career as a design engineer in PHE/Environmental engg. group and I have taken up 1 month long industrial training session in a company as a part of my curriculum .I have been asked to work on (model/design)& coordinate a city sanitation plan : in which I have to model using SewerGem -the sewerage of the project city and water cad and storm cad for water and storm modelling.
As of now we have done the topographic survey of the project area and in which we surveyed the RL(elevation),width and length ,material of road using total station I have the .DWG file of the survey .

Question: how should I proceed from here.
1) ANY GUIDE THAT ANYONE CAN SUGGEST ME LIKE A SIMILAR SAMPLE PROJECT THAT ANYONE HAS DONE FOR ALL THESE ASPECTS.
2)I HAVE IMPORTED THE AUTOCAD FILE TO THE MODELLING SOFTWARES BUT ELEVATION AT EACH POINT ARE NOT PRESENT ,I TRIED GENERATING CONTOURS USING ARCGIS WHICH I COULD BUT COULDNT IMPORT THE TIN FILE INTO MODELLING SOFTWARES.
3)IF ANYONE IS WORKING ON SOME SIMILAR PROJECT IN WHICH I CAN WORK ,I'LL HOGHLY GRATEFUL
CAN ANYONE HELP I AM STUCK AND CANT MOVE ON .

The professional in the company say the design will start at a later stage after few months and they are working on other aspects of the some other projects and unfortunately by that time my training period will end and I have to sit idle so I request anyone who can help me since my training would end in a month already half of the time is over .
I want to make the max out of my training PLZ as I have all the software but nobody for teaching them and moreover I have called Bentley but they say they are only doing corporate training classes but no individual training session as of now and there fees is too high.

Thanking you all in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back