Using sketch in a drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Pom

Mechanical
May 1, 2010
AU
Hi All,

I have a piece of RHS into which a 'V' shape is cut from one side to the roll of the other side. We then bend the RHS bringing the two sides of the 'V' together. A string line is then stretched between then ends of the RHS and the distance between the bend and the string line is adjusted to 40mm by allowing the RHS to flex downwards. In practice this works OK. In my part.ipt I place a sketch on the side of the RHS and draw the string line. I then bend the part together until the desired distance is met, however my drawing does not show the string line. I have added a sketch in the drawing file but this does not allow the parts to be projected onto the sketch so that a line can be drawn. Is there a way to achieve this?

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Two ways
1. In the drawing right click on the view in the browser and include model sketches.
2. It sounds like you are creating a sketch at the sheet level rather than the drawing view level. Click on the view to get red boundary. Do not move the mouse. Hit S on the keyboard to start a sketch in the view. You can now Project Geometry and select part edges to sketch to - just like in the modeling environment.

Since you already have the sketch in the part, Technique 1 should be the easiest.

Hi rollupswx,

Tried both ways just to see how things work, and as you say, Technique 1 is the easiest way. At least you get the dimension you are looking for.

Best Rgds,
Dave R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back