Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Using Standard Sprinkler without Glass Bulb for Storage of Portable LPG Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sittipon99

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2021
TH
I'm curious how's different between standard sprinkler that without glass bulb and medium velocity spray nozzle.
Can i use standard sprinkler that wihtout glass bulb instead medium velocity spray nozzle?
Thank you for helping me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The question is very vague and the specification of nozzles is very depended on the application (hazard) and accordingly governed by the type of hazard and the insurer carrier guidelines or any other statutory applicable. Usually the answers are there.

In general what I can say is the open sprinkler heads (without the bulb) function as typical sprinklers and therefore only flow water due to gravity. They are not appropriate for application that are located outside which can be affected by strong winds or the geometry of the hazard is such that requires wetting from below or wetting surfaces which require special directional discharge. See nozzle manufacturers documentation for more information such as BETE, Angus etc.

Sorry for my bad english and vague question. For the portable LPG storage room REQ Density 0.5 gpm/sq.ft (ref NPFA 15 for Water Spray System)
Per your advice i must use medium velocity sprinkler nozzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back