Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using VB to create an HMI for Siemens PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electromechanical30

Industrial
Sep 15, 2004
US
Hello all,

I am looking to write an HMI in VB6. This code will read/write bit data from a Siemens 222. This is for a test station, nothing fancy... I have done this for AB SLC's, but never Siemens. Is it even possible? Any links to source code or drivers is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We are doing this to S7 318 using Parijat ActiveX. They have a demo you can try. Parijat.com I think is the address.

hi Electromechanical30. I have just done this with excellent results although i used the VB dot net structure. vb6 is still supported. what you need is Siemens Prodave. I found any help from siemens was a bit less than supportive than they should have been.(I put this down to their vb skills) basically you are buying a couple of DLL files that start the communications, read /write and close the communications. as required. I used prodave mini which looks at the data blocks. its fairly simple and at a much lower cost that buying WINCC. Prodave costs about £150 and when you have this there are no license limitations for further applications.
good luck
multimeter1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back