Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UUID vb macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

with great difficulty. as far as I am aware the actuall UUID for the document is encryped / obscured. It is possible to extact the UUIDs for some of the features in the file (these have a UUID that is simmilar but not exactly the same as the documment UUID). To do this you need to process the document at a binary/hex level (not for the faint hearted) this is completly seperate from CATIA, CATIA's API and DS will have nothing todo with it. The official line on UUIDs is "The user need not know the UUID or change it". If it is any help SmarTeam does store the UUID of the file in its table. Also the PX1 license gives you API access to the send to functionality of CATIA.

Because somtimes we can excahange files and we are faced with drawing link problems. Then if I can get the uuid, I can check it.

Like Jimicatia said you can check the UUID with a drawing link... I do not know any other way to find out if you have the right file...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back