Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V4 face to solid ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtwo

Automotive
Oct 17, 2002
US
In V4 I have multiple faces that make up a sheet metal profile. How can I create a solid defined by the faces? I want to create tooling in order to stamp this particular shape into the sheet steel.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I'm picturing your geometry correctly; I'd concatenate the faces by making a Skin, and then use the skin to make an Offset solid.

You have to create a skin with all of the surfaces you have and after that split a solid with the skin. Be careful on your solid (the stamper), it must be cut completely with the skin.

Kaesar,

Good information, I tried using the split command however I get "Too short surface" error message. I varied the size of the solid relative to the skin and I continue to get the same message. Any thoughts?

If you want to create the tool steel.
Try using the solide > complex > project.

Select the skin and then a plane that would represent the back side of the steel.

Maybe you have a not closed skin, try to check if the skin has free internal boundaries, if not your only problem is the size of the solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back