Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V5 - how do I use an existing part passively...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadjunkie

Automotive
Feb 3, 2003
GB
...in CADDS5 I could View-Part; in Catia4 I can activate a part passively and/or use sessions - how to do the same in V5, so that I can 'interact' with an existing part, reference only, such that any info from intersections with or extractions from it, are 'kept' in the 'current/new' part?

cheers
Steve :^ )

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi,

In order to work with several CATPart at the same time, you should creat a CATProduct and inside your CATProduct, put your two CATPart.

CATProduct
|
|--Passice CATPart
|
|-- Working CATPart

Beside that you need, if you want to activate the :

Keep link with selectet object in Tools / option /mechanical Design / General / External References. Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Thanks Eric!

I'm not sure I understand the 2nd part of your reply, about keeping a 'link' - could you expand on the meaning of this; what it does; and on the reasons why this woud be useful?

Steve

hi,

keep link stuff will create a relation among the element you select from both CATPart...

In Part A you have a plane A offset 10mm from XY

In Part B you create a offset plane B from plane A

If you move plane A ( from 10mm to 12mm) then Plane B will move... it is linked to plane A Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back