Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V5 iges from ProE data will not become solid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pblake

Automotive
Oct 24, 2003
GB
I can import iges data well enough with the (Tools+Options+compatibility+ige-Join surfaces of the model: Option turned off), but the model is not a solid and can not be worked or used for a product. with it turned on all the datum faces from proE appear... but still i can not remove material from it. if i try to use the close surface command it tells me 'close operator: an opening in the selected body cannot be closed by planar fce. check all body openings for planeness'........anybody?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The problem with IGES is that it does not support Solids, except very simple ones.

Best to use the STEP translator. Be careful that the sending software has all the
parts in the assembly set to the same tolerance, otherwise you may not get 100%
conversion.

The datum-faces could be excluded when exporting the IGES from ProE. You put them on a separate "layer" and exclude it when exporting.

We exporting from ProE you'll have the option to export as a solid or as surfaces. My experience is that export as solid does'nt work as good as exporting as surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back