Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

V5 R29 vb.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Strange. I've been working for years in a laptop with visual studio 2019 and .net framework 4.7.2 and everything works!

Now I've upgraded to a new laptop installed visual studio 2022 net framework 6.0. The old created projects, i'm able to run, edit and work. The new created projets, I'm not able to create the com connections. Don't know why, I'm not able to connect with CATIA.

I've made a work around, but it's not a way of working. I had gone to my old laptop, started a new visual studio project, copy the project to the new laptop and work. But not the way that should be. I need to understand what's happening.

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Your question is not specific to CATIA, but to .NET and can be answered on any dedicated forum (stackoverflow).

In general, you want to migrate old interop code to new .NET versionq

New .NET versions (called ".NET core") don't have same interop APIs compared to old versions (called ".NET framework"). So short answer: create .NET framework projects and target net4.7.2 or net4.8

See this question about accessing active COM server in .NET core -
Again, it has nothing to do with CATIA and it's releases, you'll get same problems with Excel, Word etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back