Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V8 - Geopak - Geotechnical Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJgeo

Geotechnical
Oct 11, 2004
US
Hello-

Has anyone had any experience using the V8-Geopak Geotechnical Tools. Is anyone aware of instructional documentation besides the help file on using these tools. I think these tools could be real time savers but I would like to hear some real world experience and advice before I dive in. Thanks.

-AJgeo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Exactly which tools do you have questions about? As far as documentation I have found a few resources, Askinga, Knuckleheads guide to geopak, User Groups....etc.
Advice....
Make sure to have the redefine box checked off in cogo so you don't overwrite the information you created previously. I have created individual procedures to make sheets....etc.
Regards,
Namdac

Have you had sucess importing borehole data, and not manually entering it- what about mutiple boreholes? Have you used the interpolate subsurface tin files tool? I have browsed ask inga and the knuckleheads guide to geopak sites and found only limited information on the geotech aspects of geopak. More precisely, which geotechnical logging software works best with these tools? Thanks!

There is a borehole navigator in the GeoPak Bridge Tools. I have only used it once about 1 1/2 yrs. ago as I can remember there was some input required. I followed the Navigator overview in the Bridge Help Menu.
You have all the data from the field you can transfer it in here and manipulate the data, graphically or by direct input. After you have entered the information you have visualization tools the will draw the information in plan view, cross section view or my fav 3-D. Try that and see if it works for you. Some of the things I have found are limited on documentation. I have experimented with the Roadway stuff in our Department. The Bridge Department is coming around slowly, in the usage of the tools. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Namdac

AJ, did you get the help you needed on borehole navigator? If not send a response. I will check back. I am very familiar with this tool with regards to roadway cross sections if this helps.

Not really, I would just like to know how to import data from several boreholes at once. Is this possible? What format should I use? So far, I can only enter data in one borehole at a time and it is quite tedious. Then ideally, I would like to show the stratigraphy on the cross sections. Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back