Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VACUUM RESIDUE CORROSION FOR HEAT EXCHANGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROMEUM2

Mechanical
Oct 13, 2009
ES
Hi all,

I have to design several heat exchangers for heating vacuum residue, but i don't have information about the corrosion of this product versus temperature.

Could anyone advice where i can find out this information??

If anyone have information, please share it.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

NACE has a book "Material Selection for Refineries and Associated Facilities" which is a good starting point.

Your corrosion with vacuum residue is driven by the sulfur content of the resid, the amount and type of organic acids and temperature.

I think you'll have some better success getting replies if you provide some information about your system: the crude the vacuum residue comes from, sulfur levels, other impurities, temperatures, etc. I expect you have existing heat exchangers in this service (there's frequently a recirculation cooler for the boot) so what are you using now for materials and what problems are you having (I'm assuming you are having problems or you'd likely just copy the materials)? If you are having problems, what is the specific problem?

The more details you put into this, the better quality we can advise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back