Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

valve database program selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcvalve

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2010
ID
Hi all,

i want to ask about valve database system. What is the best software or application to maintain valve database in a plant twhich is about 20.000 valves present.

i had search about valvkeep and total valve management, some other input said Excel with macro or Access customized with our plant.
the constrain is about budget.

do you have some experience in your field/plant
appreciated your input

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

mcvalve,
are you interested in managing valves only?
How about pumps, pipes, instruments and all other pieces of equipment in your plant?
Maybe you can join forces with your Colleagues and... join budgets too, so you can get a more comprehensive software :)

Moreover, does your Company run an ERP System? If so, maybe this System can offer modules dedicated to equipment registry and maintenance, plant shut-offs management and statistics.

For example, I once worked with PM (Plant Maintenance) and PS (Project System) modules of SAP R/3 software (see and they seemed quite good; but, of course, the Company run other SAP modules, basically FI-CO (Finance & Controlling) which was the core of the installation, and also MM to manage warehouses and purchasing process, as well as IM to manage the budget elements' structure (see

Good Luck!!! 'NGL

thanks anegri

currently, i only focus in valve.
my company using different version of ERP to manage finance and operation. Asset management system which is used focus on planing and scheduling and asset maintenance, but not go detail on valve.

It depends on what you are trying to do with this software - Maybe look at something such as an LDAR management programme, where a component list is used to monitor fugitive emission inspections on refineries for example. These typically will schedule the inspections to look for leakage against a set of rules, but should allow you list pretty much all of the relevant component data, and mark components out of service, and issue job requests. Look at things such as Leakdas from InspectionLogic in Kentucky - I have used this before, and it allows you to take a portable terminal into the field to populate the data for example (i.e. tags etc.) but it might be more than you are really looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back