Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

valve for chlorine water

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi02

Industrial
Nov 12, 2008
DE
We have the job to design a valve for chlorine water (for an offer), but we have no real experience in doing this. The customer would like to have alloy 59 or inconel 625. But the machining time and the material costs are very high. Maybe there is a cheaper solution or material according to the needs specified in the attachement. Thank you for help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok. you are right, but we can´t find manufactory for this chlorine valve. Maybe you know somebody, who could do this. It is an inquiry of a very good customer of us and we want to help by finding a solution. Thank you for help.

Can't you use PVC?

<<A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend
will be sitting beside you saying ” Damn that was fun!” - Unknown>>

I know one or two companies here that might be able to do it. But judging from your document, I think we are on opposites sides of the world.
You should be able to find someone closer, this is not too specialized of an application, I don't think

1. Try to repost at valve engineering forum to get a broader feedback.

2. Try for instance : Metso (worldwide) Ballvalves or possibly butterflyvalves (BFL normally limited to pressure classes about 40 bar - but might exist for higher)

3. Stainless steel valve US O-port valve.

Comment: None of the two suggested will give you cheap solutions, caused by the combination of fluid, temperature and size.

Before final design I would ask your customer/enduser, after I had done a brief market research, if he could adapt by going down in pressure design to PN40 or down in design temperature, or up in flow/down in size to get acess to a broader aspect of already commercially available produced and existing valve designs.

In addition and as mentioned by others: there is a broad availability of designers and producers of special valves, depending on where you are located.

They have no web page, but the ones I've used are:
Plastech Piping and Fabrication Inc
3450 91 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 5R1
Telephone : 780-490-5565

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back