Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

valve sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg211

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2006
KE
Hi all,
i need help in sizing a control valve and a relief valve,attached below is copy of the datas provided.

thanks all for your anticipated coorperation

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Greg,

The datasheet seems to be for a PVRV (pressure vacuum relief valve). You should "Red Flag" this post and re-post in the Safety Relif Valve engineering forum.

In any case, you should not be relying on eng-tips to size a valve, in particular a safety valve. The purpose of this site is to help, not to do your work.

Also, there are other consideration to size a PVRV that you have not included, such as back pressure constant and variable.

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

thanks ashereng for your reply,as a matter of fact i did size the valves using the formular for the calculation of orifice area from API STD 2000,but the major problem i'm having is getting a manufacterer's catalog from which the orifice eefective area can be selected.
this would have aided me in selecting the model type to be used.
so i really don't think i have problems with the mathematics,so you can see that i'm not just using this medium to do my work but to seek and at the same time expand my knowledge as regard valve sizing.
thanks

If you need a manufacturer's catalog, the best thing to do is to contact their reps.

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back