Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vapor Recovery Units (VRU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

proinwv2

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2003
I am preparing to search for manufacturers of vapor recovery units to recover alcohol from a vapor stream.

What manufacturers are active in this area? Any comments about them and the method of processing would be appreciated.

At this time, I do not have any information on the quantity of vapor to be processed.

Comments appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are several types of units available. Sliding vane, screw (oil or dry), liquid ring, ect. Capacity, contamination will dictate which type, so just a little info on capacity and what the ethanol will be used for.

Generally, the sliding vane is the lowest cost, but they usually only operate from beteewn -10 psi to 100 psig and are usually under 200HP. The screw type are the most versitle over a wide range up to 1000 HP.

Materials can be carbon steel for the most part, but it depends on water content.

SeanB and dcasto,

Thanks for the quick replies. I anticipated the questions but the project is very new and I am collecting preliminary information. I can say that it is isopropyl and used in food additive processing. That is all that I have at the present.

I will add to my post when I get additional info.

Thanks again.

Paul Ostand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back