Variation in ride height with sprung mass, ADAMS Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viswa_K

Automotive
Aug 24, 2020
IN
Hello,

Is it possible to determine the ride height variation (or spring deflection) with changes in sprung mass and center of gravity in ADAMS/Car? I have the value of the spring deflection from full-rebound of the vehicle to static condition(@ ride height) both physically measured and also hand-calculated. Since these values vary, I thought I would validate these using ADAMS/Car but I am stuck.

Is there any simulation in ADAMS/Car that helps me find out the spring deflection @ full-rebound and @ static condition

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sure, use >Simulate>Suspension Analysis>parallel wheel travel, or >Simulate>Suspension Analysis>Static load. Alternaitvely just run a straight line maintain at a low speed, iterate the loads to give the desired wheel loads..

I have some preference for the latter as most of my work is dynamic and there may be obscure difference in how the assembly is built for static and dynamic events.

However I do not use the vanilla version of Car so I can't really be of much help.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Thanks for the reply @GregLocock

But I want to know the spring deflection at the static condition due to the vehicle's sprung mass only. Can you suggest me any method to find out this value in ADAMS/Car?

So you find, or write, a request that measures the length of the spring.

Frankly I'd be amazed if it wasn't a built in request, but as I say I'm not a Car user. Oh yes, one minute's perusal of the results comes up with nsl_ride_spring_data with channels including displacement and force. I expect there are others.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back