Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB SaveAs. for SW2001. How to??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxbyMike

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2001
CA
Gentlemen, I was wondering if any one could help me?
I wrote a configuration selection program in VB that allows the user to quickly select a configuration depending on their part selection. The program changes the configuration in SW and then displays both the assembly and drawing file. I then want the program to give them the option of saving the assembly and drawings in all the available formats produce by SW. I currently have it saving dwg’s and SW assemblies, but there are still things I don’t know how to do. First: when the assemblies are saved, I want the files to contain all the parts, so someone can open it without the part files.(or send the parts without their configurations in a zip file) Second I don’t want them to have access to the many different configurations available in each assembly(for SW output). Third, how do you select the file versions with the .SaveAs3 command for file type as dwg, ACIS and so on….
Thanks For your Help
Mike (Mikepacholski@hotmail.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back