Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA see action as it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcox

Structural
Jul 16, 2002
US
I am writing some VBA code for some standard drawings that we produce. Is there anyway that I can see things as they happen? An example would be that when you draw a circle, you can use the mouse to locate a point and then "pull" the circle to where you want it to go. You can see this visibly happening to give you an intuitive feel for the way you want your object to look. Is there any way to do this with VBA. I have a form where you would enter some information, and then I ask you to locate on the screen where you want to see the drawing. I would like to be able to "see" the drawing float around with the cursor until it is located.

Is this even possible, or is it so complicated that I wouldn't want to waste my time?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can do some things to get what you want. Like to place an object, you could create or insert it first and then move it. The move would give a feeling of floating while placing it.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back