Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Vector to Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

engjg

Structural
Jan 2, 2015
US
After defining some vectors. For example the first array "A" is 1,2,3 and the second array "B" is defined by equation two is A+1 how do I display a table with these results?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That doesn't seem to work for me nothing opens when I double click...I am using latest "express" version. Also I want to combine multiple vectors to display as columns in a table.

Oh, sorry, I don't have a working copy of MP at the moment.

Nevertheless, to display the vectors together, they have to be part of the same matrix, which can be done before the fact or after, i.e., you can use C:=AUGMENT(A,B) to make a single matrix, or you can start with C[i,0 to be A and C[i,1 to be B from the start

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

The way I understand your question is you have a series of vectors in 3 dimensions and you want to perform some sort of operation (translate by scalar 1 etc.) and then add a new column having that transformed vector and repeat.

If you have access to a full version, you could use programming features and can combine a “for” loop and augment (mentioned by IRstuff). See attached a snapshot from Maxwell’s Essential Guide to Mathcad Prime 3.0. Instead of x.(a+i), you write augment(a,a[rows(a)] + i) where Square bracketed is subscript index. Each augment adds an additional column. If your i value is a sequence of transformations, then the vectors will stack start to finish.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=69ab89d0-6ad0-4f9c-8345-a3a029dd0792&file=42C58099-2B69-422C-88A6-EF267214ADA6.jpeg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back