Vehicle path software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparuzin

Civil/Environmental
Nov 1, 2015
AU
Hi there fellow engineers,
I run a small consultancy - nothing at the scale where I could afford AutoCAD and AutoTurn/AutoTrack for the odd vehicle turning path assessment that I need for traffic assessment studies. I use the free version of Draft Sight for my CAD requirements and was wandering if there was a free vehicle path software that would be compatible with DS. Alternatively, I am happy to jump on the bandwagon with a different CAD program if it was to offer this capability.
Danny

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a free vehicle turning software but it is only available for use on certain CAD formats. I believe full blown ACAD (not LT), Microstation or a CAD program called Bricscad which I am not familiar with.

That is the only free thing I have seen that was of very great use for this type of issue. There are some free lisp routines for ACAD that I have never used either but to me they look complicated and do not create as much of an easily readable and presentable product.

Or if your CAD program can use PDFs as reference files you could just use the old turning templates referenced in and scaled in CAD. This is what I have been doing in ACAD LT. I was somewhat amazed at what the CadTools program would do for free when I had a chance to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back