Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ventomat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Yes I have used Ventomat. They are a valve that I recommend for water and wastewater service. I have used them in situations to redcue pressure transients in systems with good effect. The installtaion is more difficult than the conventional air valve as to fit an isolation valve and the increased height of the ventomat requires the pipeline to be at a lower level otherwise the valve pit will be aboveground.

The valve is simplicitiy in itself with no lever arms etc. But it delivers the benefit of being able to have multiple orifices to provide surge mitigation.

They have some science and testing behind them whereas I find other more conventional air valve manufacturers generallly make "shapes". When you ask them a technical question they have little idea of the kinetics behind their product.

The original designers of the kinetic air valve, Glenfield and Kennedy of Scotland, have moderniosed their design and they offer similar performance.

Stanier

What kind of application did you use this kind of valve?
I have a wastewater forced pipe with speed around 1.2 m/s.

thanks for your reply

I have been part of a team upgrading 300 sewage pumping stations for Sydney Water. Ventomat RGX was the default air valve used on force mains. My company was responsible for the surge analysis of the systems.

I have also used them of gas platforms, mines, sewage treatment plants.

The key is to ensure that you have the recommended full size tee at the high point where the air valve is located.

I dont seee the point concerning line velocity. 1.2 m/s is routine for a pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back