Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verizon Map Requests 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozzybear

Civil/Environmental
Jun 9, 2014
US
Hi All,

I am having a hell of time trying to contact someone at Verizon to utility maps. I am in Arizona, and have used the 811 design ticket and have emailed them at their investigations@verizon.com about a month and a half ago. Does anyone have any tips for contacting them. A corporate number maybe that could get me in touch with a person?

This is the most difficult utility company to deal with. No one at Verizon seems to be able to tell me which department to contact.

Thanks everyone.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

map of water, gas,electric, cable, etc lines underground. Most have maps in local maintenance offices. Since thee utilities keep buying opout each other, the original cable installer might be the telephone company or another cable type firm. I'd search for "buried Ines" or maybe ask a water utility for advice, since they sometimes work together.

You sure you need Verizon? Aren't they mostly cell towers without a lot of buried stuff? Here's our collection (Gilbert):
Utilities_bon78n.jpg

jeds list looks right, but the list will be different depending where you are

Contractor shall comply with the requirements of Arizona Revised Statutes 40-360.21 through 40-360.29 (one-call notification center, Arizona 811) in notification to the interested utility owners prior to start of construction.

Thanks guys. And yes you are correct, they usually come back and say they have no utilities after emailing the investigations address. I like to at least get that reply saying they don't have anything just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back