Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Version 9 slow displaying results

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozer

Structural
Apr 9, 2001
US
Has anyone used version 9.1.1 yet? If so, do you find that it takes forever to display results?

For a 5800+ member model with 8 analysis cases it took 3.5 minutes to display element forces after I hit the OK button!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I used the demo version

Yes it is slow when it tries to refresh graphics. But I guess it has something to do with the option- Enhanced Graphics available in "Options". When you click that "off" there is some increase in speed.

You might as well try to change settings in "Undeformed Geometry" settings, I mean where you tell the program to show "labels" or " restraints" etc etc. Couple of things fill that area now

but I dont have the documentation because I am using the demo, accept my two cents worth boss

regs
ijr

Only 3.5 minutes on your model dozer? On a model that size, you're doing better than what I would expect to see on my PC. It's not your computer's problem. The way SAP2000 works, either generating interactive database tables OR output results tables, since version 8 SAP is SLOW, no doubt about it. Complain to CSI. I did. CSI seems to be aware of this problem with database tables, but they tell me that it may take a while for them to re-program to correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back