Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical Pathfinder opening off screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedippert

Mechanical
Oct 17, 2011
I'm running ST3 with a dual monitor setup.
Initially I the right monitor as my default screen. The Pathfinder and command box were on the left monitor, worked beautifully right away. I have since rearranged my desk and my screens are reversed (left is default). The pathfinder window and command box still try to pop up to the left of my default screen. All of my Windows related settings are correct for the arrangement. I remember when I first set it up, I found a setting called "optimize for multi-display" or something to that effect. I can't find it now.

And now a tangent. I'm in an assembly, with the parts library tab open. Do an edit-in-place of a part. Exit back to the assembly, my parts library tab is gone. It gets very annoying when I have hundreds of parts I've built and placed in the same folder needing to be added to the assembly. Is this normal?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I also run dual monitors, and have had issues with edgebar.
I resolved them by reverting to a right primary monitor, and restarting the computer.
Edgebar then showed up on the left monitor.
I then dragged the edgebar back into the solid edge window, and attached it to the default left hand position.
I saved the drawing, and closed solid edge.
I then changed the display properties to make my left monitor primary, and restarted the computer.
After restart, I opened solid edge, and then moved the edgebar to the right monitor (secondary monitor).
Worked out for me.

I did not try the optimize for dual monitors though...

-av8errr
Solid Edge ST3 MP5
xw4600
3GB RAM
Core2Quad CPU 3.00GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX4800

Well when the pathfinder shows up it's in the correct spot. But now I have to turn it on from the 'view' tab. It no longer shows up automatically. Basically the same problem I'm having with the 'parts library'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back