Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Very high purity copper electroplating - appreciate advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irpheus

Electrical
Feb 15, 2009
DK
Hi all,

I hope one of you may be able to help with this ... and that I have posted in the right sub-forum ...

As it is I have for some time now been searching for a very high purity copper electroplating process for high electrical conductivity, and have now ended up preferring Heimerle-Meule's 501 bright copper plating solution because it should be possible to achieve 99.5 - 99.9% copper plating purity.

However, in their application datasheet (pdf attached) they specify the use of Cu-P anodes (Cu-P ~ (0.04–0.06% P)) but these appear to be quite difficult to find [ponder] ... Google searches don't give any hits for such a copper alloy .. What I can find though is Cu-DHP anodes which have from 0.015% to 0.04% P content (99.9% Cu). The difference is not huge yet I don't know if it may be significant - might one of you know if the Cu-DHP for these "practical purposes" will be the same as Cu-P?

Thanks for any insights - also if you have a suggestion for an even higher purity copper plating solution (in a small scale - for trials).

Cheers [wink]

Jesper

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7a17cc33-21af-4de8-bd35-45063e961083&file=Bright_copper_plating_bath_CU_501_IFU_2016-12_H+M-2.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back