Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very odd display problem in Solidworks 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrewmaster

Mechanical
Aug 15, 2013
US
I was trying to make a reference drawing in solidworks where I got this problem that I have never had before even thought I have been using 2014 for a sufficient time now. Basically I put in the model view and it didn't show up; however, when I make projected views off of the model view they show up. Also, when I try to dimension the projected views the dimensions are all messed up. The funny thing is that solidworks recognizes everything correctly because when I exported the drawing to PDF it showed up exactly the way it was supposed to but because of the odd display in solidworks it would make it a huge pain to try and get everything laid out correctly. The first picture is what I see on my screen and the second is the pdf export. I already tried reopening it and starting over as well as other parts but for some reason they all seem to have this problem now, any ideas as to why?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you upgrade your graphics driver when you switched to 2014? If not, you'll probably need to. I ran 2014 for 5+ months before running into a graphics issue. Checked the driver and it was out of date. Run SolidWorks Rx diagnostic and it'll let you know.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWE
My Blog

I did not, unfortunately I have to wait until our IT guy gets back since I don't have rights on my computer to update things like drivers. Solidworks Rx diagnostic does say that I have an out of date driver though so that could definitely be the problem. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back