Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very poor rendering quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

trialAndError

Industrial
May 12, 2012
Hi,

I've been experimenting with SW2012, and had a shot with PhotoView to try rendering a model.

I've played about with the settings, got a camera just where I want it, placed lights so that the shadows look good and so on, set the rendering settings to maximum, set it up to render from the camera's perspective and left the computer to render.

What I got was a real disappointment. The image is quite dull, and becomes pixellated with any attempt to zoom in. It's just a 75 kb jpg! I get a far better quality image just adding the model to a drawing and saving it as a pdf.

I think I must be missing something fundamental, but have run myself ragged trying to see what could be wrong - the example images I see on the net look stunning - nothing like my pathetic attempts.

I tried uploading the image to engineering.com, but that failed too! - here's a link to the image:
Thanks for any suggestions.

Pete

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Anna,

My file is pretty big - 12 MB. Clicking on '...or upload your file to ENGINEERING.com' doesn't do anything, in IE or Chrome.

Am I missing a trick trying to add an attachment? Is this file too big to post anyway?

Thanks,

Pete.

I've realised why my attempt at rendering didn't work, where the pixellated images came from. Stupid error!

The model I used uses 'Appearances', images laid over the objects. It's these images that obviously don't render - duh!

Sorry to waste your time with such a dumb mistake!

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back