Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vibration at Busbar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

azril83

Electrical
Aug 23, 2007
MY
Good Day Guys,
Its quite long time, i haven't log in in this forum..I have 1 query regarding the subject mentioned above..can anybody help me to explain this situation..I experienced cracked some insulators at 1.2kV Busbar for static excitation system...I really need somebody to explain why this can be happen..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi azril83

More information is needed, however it could be differential expansion due to heat and temperature rise.
Why do you suspect vibration?

regards

desertfox

When was the equipment installed?

If the bus was installed during installion such that stressed was placed on the insulators it may be a matter of time before the insulators crack.

What material are the insulators made of, porcelain?

sorry guys for the late reply..actually, my opinion regarding this cracked insulator are poor woormanship during installation, or maybe the material of the insulators itself and maye due to vibration..my friend told me about electrical vibration..but i still don't have any idea regarding this..that is why i need some explanation regarding this issue through this forum..do we have electrical vibration?and how it can happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back