Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Vibratory linear track issues with feeding springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techniciansfriend

Industrial
Dec 31, 2016
US
This is my first post to the group and I'm hoping for some tremendous help. I'm a relatively new engineering technician at a pharmaceutical products manufacturer. Short and to the point, we have two assembly machines that have the same problem. Each has a vibratory feeder bowl for compression springs that feed into a multi-lane linear track (also vibratory). Toward the end of the track is an escapement and pick and place units. The issue we are experiencing (since the machines were put into service about 6 years ago) is that towards the end of the track the springs hang up or jam constantly. Each of the four lanes do this intermittently and randomly. Operators will only have to barely "touch" the springs to get them to continue down the track.

We have tried frequency adjustments, back pressure adjustments, inspected for cracks or other mechanical failures or misadjustment, toyed with the idea of adding air assist or blowback nozzles to eliminate operator assistance.

Wondering, since the science of vibration and balancing of these systems is new to me, what are some options or fixes (if any) for the issue? Any help Is appreciated and I will continue to post or response and add info as needed until the issue is corrected once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back