Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video showing how to create a plane on a cylindrical face 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get it to download. Is taking too long.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-05)

try right clicking on the area where it says "Your download is ready.." and Save target as. the site says they block download accelerators.

regards,

Mark

Firstly let me commend you for creating the flash file and for sharing it with us.

A couple of points though;

1) You could have eliminated the need for creating the angled plane through the centre of the ring and then offsetting the second plane. If you had made the outer end of the angled construction line coincident with the perimeter of the ring, you could have placed a plane tangential to the perimeter at the correct angle by selecting the outer end instead of the inner end. This would then make the plane associative to the diameter rather than the planes' offset dimension.

2) You can place the locating "point" for a Hole Wizard hole directly onto the outer diameter. There is no need to create extra planes. See faq559-1150. Again the angled construction line could have been used to constrain the point. An alternative to the construction line could be to use a plane which has been angled about the axis of the part & the point constrained to the planes.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

My pc will not play the file. Company has it blocked.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-05)

CorBlimeyLimey,

You're absolutely right. I'm aware of what you've mentioned, especially point #2. It's just that I was so happy to find a reliable file hosting site, that I uploaded the first file I found on my HD.

I will be creating more videos and sharing them with the forum soon.

regards,

Mark

See faq559-1177 for more hosting sites.

Look forward to seeing more of the videos.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back