Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View labels customization

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerinG

Mechanical
Oct 18, 2009
SI
Is it possible to customize view labels? I work in SW 2012.
I know you can edit it when view is inserted, with manual view label option selected. I would like to have them permanently set in our language. I can't define custom label under document properties. Is there maybe a format file like it exists for bend notes (bendnoteformat.txt) so you can customize them. I can't seem to find it for view labels.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One more thing, if someone will find a way to solve this. If I work in SW with english language set, then you can set view labels in english language. But if I work in SW with german language set, these labels can be set in german language. I came to a conclusion that there must be a file with this settings in folder Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\english, but I can't find it. I think it is not a *.txt file.
I found out that 2013 version has new option in document properties for setting custom view labels, so we will get it with upgrade, but until then I would like to set it in 2012 version.

Is there or should there be a Dual-Languaging annotation setting like we have for Dual-Dimensioning? [ponder][lol]

You should be able to dock your German Labels onto the current English View Label so they are attached with 2012. You can use a German Installed version and the customization settings will still work. I've used Pro/E in Japanese lang and had no trouble. the icons will still be the same, not sure about menu ordering but I believe that would be the same as the english version as well.

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back