viewgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

vector82

Mechanical
Oct 13, 2014
GB
Hi.
I would appreciate getting help with the following. I have been trying to make use of the two variables MS_VIEWGROUPSEED and MS_VIEWGROUPSEEDNAME, but with no success.
I created a new view group, consisting of 3 views, called it ABC, and set MS_VIEWGROUPSEEDNAME to ABC too. I then activated a different viewgroup within the same file and tried to create a new viewgroup. According to the description from the Help file:

"MS_VIEWGROUPSEEDNAME is used to specify the name of an existing view group that will be used as the template. The named view group must exist in the active file."

...the new viewgroup should be a copy of viewgroup ABC, but it is not. It is a copy of the active viewgroup. What am I doing wrong?

The second variable gets me even more confused. The Help file reads: "MS_VIEWGROUPSEED allows you to set the name of the file where the template view group is located."

How so? By setting the value to be the path to this file location? What model would a new view group be created for using the specified seed view group?
Thanks in advance for any tips hot to get this working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back