Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing CATIA PMI in NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRACKIRON

Aerospace
Jun 30, 2010
US
We were told when we purchased NX7 that we would be able to read Catia V5 models bring in CATIA PMI as long as we bought the CATIA V5 translator - which we did. To date no one has been able to make it work - ie, see any PMI info inside of NX that was generated in CATIA. I can see it just fine in CATIA using the same model file.

Anyone doing this yet?

Jason

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Anyone doing this yet?
no , can you get catdrawings into Nx by translator?
I think you should use the jt translator from v5 to Jt as far as I know those v5 FTAs will be translated Nx can open these jt's
hopeithelps

We open CATPART fils with File>Import>CATIA V5. We have heard that JT is an option but dont have JT files yet. That would be yet another translation for us to do.

Thank you

We also went through this when we initially installed NX. The regular Catia translator will not translate PMI data.

The only one I'm aware of that does is the Catia to JT translator. JT is a native NX format so no additional translation is necessary, you can use JT files just as you would normal .prt files.

We wound up changing licensing from regular Catia translator to Catia -> JT translator to get PMI capacity without additional cost. Your VAR should be able to help you do same, unless you have some other need for keeping the regular translator too.

- Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back