Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing Configurations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastserv

Mechanical
Aug 5, 2005
US
I have just finished a project in which the parts and the assembly have a number of configurations. My customer does not have any solid software.

Other than sending 14 seperate e-assemblies is there an easier or better way?

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right--you can select all or some of the configurations to be shown in an e-Drawing assembly. You'll see the various assemblies on the bottom of the e-Drawing view port as tabs. Works great and doesn't seem to increase file size (at least not significantly).

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe trumps reason.

Isn't eDrawings Pro (i.e. not free $) needed to include multiple configurations in the single file (as well as the measure and the move component/explode capability)?

Ken

KenBolen, these options are with the free eDrawings.

After picking eDrawings for Save As, pick the Options button. The options include:
Okay to measure this eDrawings file
Allow export to STL for parts and assemblies
Save Animator Animations to eDrawings file

After picking Save, you get a pop-up that gives you 3 options for saving configurations:
Current configuration
All configurations
Selected configurations:
(pick from selection)
Saving additional configurations may increase save time and file size.

Flores
SW06 SP4.1

Yes, but if a self-executable "exe" file is created, the customer will not need any software to view it.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Also ... In most cases, if you email the .exe you will have to rename it something like .eze, then have the recipient rename back to .exe because of Outlook security reasons.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back