Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Viewing highlighted members

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARose

Structural
Mar 17, 2011
US
I've got kind of a basic question here.....if you've highlighted a group of members in RISA....how do you view the highlighted members only?

[red]EDIT[/red]: And (btw) how do you pan around in this thing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a button that looks like a padlock that says "lock selected" when you hover over it, click that and it will hide (and lock) everything that isn't selected.

Hold the scroll button down on your mouse to pan.

[ul]
[li]Pan can be accomplished by holding down the mouse wheel and moving your mouse cursor around the screen.[/li]
[li]Zoom can be accomplished by rolling the mouse wheel forward or backwards.[/li]
[li]Rotating can be accomplished by holding the shift key down and using the mouse wheel like you did for the Pan (i.e. holding it down and moving the mouse cursor around the screen).[/li]
[/ul]

FWIW, it appears that the selection features in the new interface are exactly the OPPOSITE of what RISA used to do.
Old version graphic selection behavior.
Elements were SELECTED by default. If you unselected them they would sort of "grey out".

New version graphic selection behavior:
Elements are UNSELECTED by default. But, they look exactly like the "selected" members looked in the old version.
If you select a member, it gets highlighted an obnoxiously bright color.

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to change the floor framing (one floor at a time) in a multi-story building I am working on.....so I wanted to see just one floor at a time while I am working.

You can also save the selection and give it a label. Then you can recall that view later on by choosing the label from the list of saved selections:

Screenshot_2022-02-18_175603_f2ixan.png

This feature would be better if it could auto-generate elevation views for elements on each grid line, or plan views for planes where diaphragms are defined. Also don't like that it is limited to 16 saved views. I might send them an email with these suggestions for improvement, but I suspect they feel certain features like that compete with their RISAFloor module and would be in danger of making RISA3D too useful as a standalone module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back