Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

visibility in blend command

Status
Not open for further replies.

moog3

Marine/Ocean
Nov 29, 2022
AU
NX2007, I can't seem to find the defaults to control the visibility of the display when I'm in the blend command.
it changes to wireframe with hidden edges (which I'm not sure I actually want) but I'd at least like to change it to a static wireframe so I can see everything.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you start the blend command, NX automatically changes the view rendering style?
That sounds... odd. I don't know of an OOTB option to change the view style when starting a particular command.
I don't have NX2007 installed, but I don't see any such option in NX1919 or NX2206.

www.nxjournaling.com

@moog3
I think what you're after is the See-Thru Style (see image) in Preferences -> Visualisation, there's 3 options to try.

2023-01-12_08-22-50_aec3ac.png

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX9 to NX2212 (13 versions)

Anthony, I just tried all of those, nothing seemed to do it
blend_yltfzg.png

this is what I'm talking about, when i pick the blend command, after i pick an object, the display changes to dull shaded,
I'd like it to be wire frame so i can see every edge...
OH, hang on, I just started the command, then drag-selected, the wireframe view, and i got what I wanted......Maybe thats as close as I can get?
Unless anything else springs to mind?

Are you aware of these three options ?
Pretty useful depending on the situation .

2023-01-12_12-03-16_jqhidq.png

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Toost,
No I didn't, but I want the full wireframe so they don't really help that much,
but thanks for the reply

Normally, I'd be in the part, but it looks the same if I do it from the assembly as well. (that image is a test file with lots of bodies in it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back