Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

VISTA SWITCH connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleJaxJap

Electrical
Jul 1, 2016
US
I have a six-way S&C Vista switch model 615. In this switch five of the ways have OCP, and one of them is not. Typically, how would the feeder connect? Would enter through a relayed connection or the non-relayed connection. I believe it can be either way, but Is there a typical or an advantage to doing it one want on another?

Also, the utility relay upstream has an LTPU above the 600A rating of this Vista switch. The utility tells me that this is normal. Would this condition force me to use a connection that had OCP in the switch?

This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

6 Ways:
One Incoming feeder, protection not needed.
Five Outgoing feeds, protection supplied.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

If the switch is service equipment covered under the NEC, then it must have overcurrent protection in the incoming line.

Each ungrounded service conductor must have overload protection at the point where the service conductors terminate [230.90 and 240.21(D)]

5 positions with overcurrent meets the 6 main rule doesn’t it? But I’ve never encountered Vista gear used in a service entrance application and at those voltages overload protection is an operating concern not something that the overcurrent protection is intended to enforce.

When one this sentence into the German to translate wanted, would one the fact exploit, that the word order and the punctuation already with the German conventions agree.

-- Douglas Hofstadter, Jan 1982

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back