Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VLISP Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumpoDelMagnifico

Electrical
Sep 22, 2004
US
I have started to use VLISP again after a one year Hiatus. I am having a problem with one of the functions that I have previously written. The function will run to a certain point and then simply quit and dump me to the command line with the message:"error: bad argument type: stringp nil" Now I had thought that previously, the VLIDE would take you to the editor and highlight the source of the problem but, this is not happening. I try to do "Last Break Source" and I get a windows box with an OK button that says only ":CALLBACK-ENTRY". Anyone have an idea of how to hunt down the culprit string?

Also, I seem to remember being able to run a project from within the VLIDE but the button to do so is grayed out. How an I activate the run button.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Normally, that error happens when trying to do something to a string that does not have the string formatted how you thought it was supposed to be. The trace stack and the watch window should point you to the last returned entries.

Make sure the code is loaded and then type in your function from the Visual Lisp Console. The green run button shows during execution of code.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back