Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOCE CONSTANTS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

odonovane

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2003
IE
Hi all,

my query deals with Voce constants in his constitutive law. I need to know three (of 4) material constants in the law for implementation in the Ansys design package, outside of the yield stress, for 316L Stainless steel.

Hope you can help,
Eoin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Odonovane-

What are the Voce constants?

Our FEA guy also uses Ansys, He always needs to know Young's modulus (modulus of Elasticity), 29000KSI (or thereabouts IIRC, Ultimate Tensile strength, 65-90KSI (depending on form and processing), You said you have yeild stress, the only other one (physicla property) I have easily is %elongation at break, 30-40.

Hope this helps
Nick

Voce constants are part of an equation that relates material strengthening vs. accumulated strain. The information required includes critically-resolved shear stress, strain hardening rate, and accumulated strain. It is being used with the Viscoplastic Self-Consistent Model for metal deformation. Information on this subject would be limited to reviewed journals such as Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A and Materials Science and Engineering A. I recommend you search for this information at Scirus:

Just wondering if you guys found any information on this data type? I am running some non linear stuff and I cant find any voce constants for particular metals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back