Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voltage in France 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

:)

Oui. Probablement. Ou ténsion moyen?

Normal voltages are 3, 6 or 10 kV or some other voltage. There's no common standard voltage like the 4.16 kV in the US.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Gentlemen, it is "moyenne tension" and voltage can differ localy, from city to city or region to region, this comes for history where theyre where more small distribution companies. You still can find many different voltage ranges over the country up to 20kv Like Felixc correctly indicated.

regards,

In the UK MV starts at 1kV, as we are now “harmonised” with France I suppose it must be the same there.

Not sure where the MV/HV change happens

Panelman,

I believe 1kV is valid trough whole Europe now for LV/MV seperation. Depending countries the MV/HV seperation is not so clear, some switch at 50kV, 70kV some at 36kV .... and so one...

There is no longer any recognition of the term 'MV' in UK legislation: LV extends up to 1000V AC and 1500V DC, and HV exists above those thresholds.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back