Volume Analysis Question - Wildfire 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vc66

Mechanical
Sep 13, 2007
US
Hi All-

I'm using Pro/E for the first time in a LOOONNNGG time, and I'm sure I'm missing something. Because I thought there was something like this in WF2...

Say I have a cube with a hole through the center. How can I find the volume of the hole? Not the entire model, just the hole. Obviously my problem is a little more complex than that, but that's the general idea.

I tried Analysis->Measure->Volume, but it won't let me choose just the "hole".

I'm driving myself nuts because I have to make a chart and graph with a bunch of different sized "cubes" and "holes", and I can't find a simple way of doing it.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

V

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, you can't directly measure "what's not there". You can suppress the hole, measure the volume of the cube, resume the hole and measure the resulting volume. Subtract the two and that's the volume of the hole. Or you can just model the hole as a solid protrusion and calculate it's volume.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Thanks, dgallup.

Actually, your idea of suppressing the hole, measuring, then resuming and measuring is a good one.

Thanks... That'll actually save me a decent amount of time.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back