Vortex 8800 C flowmeter fluctuation and wrong indication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamza19_89

Industrial
Nov 30, 2023
DZ
Dear ENG-TIPS team,

I hope you doing well, i have a concern regarding the vortex 8800c flow meter. we are facing some inaccuracy and fluctuation on it and even the unit is stop the flow meter indicate.
and sometimes indicate 0 when the unit is working.
someone may face this similar problems help me to resolve this issue ASAP.

Best Regards,
Inst Eng

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear,

I'm looking a remote reading temperature indicator to measure the temperature downstream a TCV in the cooling circuit diesel engine.
with the following specifications:
Thread: 1/2"
pipe sizing: 2"
measurement Range: 0-150ºC
Measuring product: cooling water of the diesel motor for fire water pumps
Capillary: Stainless steel with S/S protector
Capillary length: 10 meter

Your insights are highly important to me to determine the right model

Best Regards,

You may be dealing with a partially full pipe or air bubble. If that is the case, the indication will be erratic.

Just realized you last post is dealing with a temp. sensor. Temp readings don't cause flow meter fluctuations, in your case.

Vortex meter turndown is typically 10:1 of calibrated range. See page 3-20 of the link @danw2 posted : - there is a feature for low flow cutout. Check if your flow is below 10% of calibrated range.

From the beginning of installation if you don't have this problem, may be the flowmeter electronics would have got problem, better to replace it, otherwise if you have this problem from installation then better you contact the OEM person of that flowmeter and let him install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back