Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VUSDFLD Subroutine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.Gmai

Mechanical
Apr 1, 2020
ES
Hi all,

I am working on a damage model (ductile damage: fracture strain as function of Triax and Lode parameter), and I need to change the fracture energy for the damage evolution as a fuction of triaxiality for that I wrote a VUSDFLD subroutine

I tested the fortran code on for 1 element model, and it works as expected but when I run it with the full model it doesn't work and this error appears:

MPI application rank 1 killed before MPI_FINALIZE() with signal 11

the .sta .msg and .dat don't show any error

I don't think it's a memory problem because I tried with a coarser mesh but no success, also I ran the full model without subroutine just the inp file and it is working (I am running the model on a cluster)

Any idea how to solve this problem

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

This error related to your subroutine or the material definition. Since you did run your subroutine for 1 element and it was working fine. if you have added extra lines in your subroutine, check the keywords used and go through the code's lines to see if there is any unnecessary wording. Also, check your material properties, defined field and state variables (if you are using any of those).

Best of luck

Thank you so much, you helped me to narrow down the issue I thought about memory, parallelization ..

I solved it! you are right it is in the subroutine,

I found a mistake in the interface when I copied it from abaqus documentation

I forgot to change strain by stress: field(nblock, nfieldv), strain(nblock, nrData)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back