WANTED: Control Systems Engineer for freelance work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstaffo

Electrical
Sep 16, 2022
US
Hello,

My name is Marc. I am not a CSE, but I am looking for one to possibly do some freelance work. I’m in a group of individuals currently trying to tune an open-source electronic speed controller in a self-balancing electric skateboard (Onewheel). Think of it as a Segway in skateboard form, that you can drive on and off road.

Currently we are utilizing Mahony filters, and for the most part we have been successful in creating a great ride feel, but we are experiencing a few undesirable side effects. The biggest side effect we’re seeing is when we go over chunky terrain at higher speeds, the nose of the board tends to drift downwards, eventually scraping the ground if you don’t intervene. We refer to this phenomenon as nose hunting. It also seems to occur when going over things like rumble strips and wooden bridges with widely-spaced slats.

We believe this could be due to IMU confusion due to the strength and frequency of vibrations, and we have yet to be able to solve the issue.

We are a fairly large group of people (About 3,500 of us), and would pay any individual who thinks they can solve the problem through a crowd funding campaign. We’re desperate at this point to solve this problem.

Please let me know if you’re interested or know someone who may be interested in solving this problem.

Thank you,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back